Stylish and strong
It’s no secret that we have a major hair crush on Giuliana Rancic. Are you wondering how to get this reality TV queen’s must-have beige blonde locks? We'll show you how to steal her cut and color so you too can channel you inner reality star.
In the midst of raising awareness nationwide after fighting breast cancer, Giuliana Rancic has returned to her reality show Giuliana & Bill to inspire us and show life behind the E! set, while giving beauty and hair tips along the way.
While it may seem as if it takes a team of salon professionals to master her luscious hair look, you can easily create the style in just 25 minutes at home.
Master stylish Christophe Belkacemi from Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon in Los Angeles shares his quick tips on how to style Rancic’s signature look:
- After washing, towel-dry hair and apply a thickening lotion from roots to end.
- Rough dry hair until it's about 70 percent dry.
- Put the top part of your hair to the side and smooth the back and sides under with a round brush and dryer.
- Unleash the top and smooth the top back with a round brush and dryer and part hair in the center.
- Apply product to add definition and remove frizz, such as the Serge Normant Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing Spray. Pump a small amount in your hands and smooth throughout hair.
- Use a 1.5-inch curling iron to curl out front pieces down and away from the face.
If you’re looking more to achieve Rancic’s beige blonde locks, keep master colorist Sarah Hammel’s tips in mind when coloring at home. "If you are going lighter than your natural color, always choose an ash," she says. "This will make for a more natural look and keep as much of the unwanted brassy tones away."
- Brush out your hair to get all the tangles out to make the color process as smooth as possible.
- Put gloves on and mix the color as noted on the instructions.
- Make sure you have enough product throughout your hair and apply as evenly as possible and let product sit for as long as mentioned on the instructions.
- Shampoo the color out of your hair and make sure the shampoo is clarifying and will not strip away the color. Try the Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo.
For more information on the Serge Normant Salon, visit sergenormantjohnfrieda.com.
Bonus: The makeup
Follow these steps from celebrity makeup artist Dimitri James to master Giuliana’s makeup look:
- Start by applying a tinted moisturizer to the skin. Try Aveda's Inner Light Tinted Moisture SPF 15. Then apply a soft dusting of Skinn Cosmetics Cotton and Mineral Powder Foundation over the face for a glowing natural look.
- Apply several individual lash extensions to the upper lash line with several extra long lashes in the center for a doe-eyed look. Apply Skinn's Smudgestick in Cleopatra Black to the inner water line and inner upper lash line.
- For the eyes, Bobbi Brown’s Limited Edition Party Eye Shadow Collection is perfect. Apply the lightest shade under the brow, the peachy shade on the lid and the matte brown through the crease. Apply a healthy coat of Dior DiorShow Mascara.
- To finish, apply Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set Lipstick and matching gloss in Pink Tulip to lips, and add Lancome’s Pink Lamour Blush on the apples of your cheeks.
Don’t forget to check out Rancic on Giuliana & Bill Tuesdays at 8 p.m. EST on the Style Network.
Click here to watch Giuliana Rancic discuss overcoming breast cancer, becoming a mother, and keeping her bond strong with her hubby/bestie, Bill Rancic.