You know the saying “it takes a village?” Well, darlings, it certainly does to get 38 Victoria’s Secret Angels ready for the biggest fashion show of the year. To transform the natural beauties into bodacious bombshells, a team of 22 makeup artists, seven body bronzing artists, 22 hair stylists and five manicurists worked their magic backstage.
Want to get the smoldering eyes of an Angel? Follow these instructions:
- Start with VS PRO Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer on lids as a base for the eye look.
- If you have under eye circles, darkness or puffiness, swipe VS PRO Light FX HD Eye Brightening Pen under eyes.
- Add VS Brilliant Shimmer Shadow in Gold Dust onto the browbones and the inner corners of the eye to open and enhance the eyes.
- To help get ultra-flirty eyes (the focal point of the makeup), run VS Precision Liquid Liner in Blackest Black along the upper lashline starting at the inner corner and extending slightly beyond the outer corner for a slight upward cat-eye wing.
- Finish off the look with several coats of the volumizing and lengthening VS Triple Drama Mascara in Blackest Black. Layer it on both top and bottom lashes.
Victoria’s Secret Angels always have such a luscious, pouty look to their lips and this year’s fashion show was no exception. Get the soft look with these steps:
- To make sure your pucker is perfectly smooth and plump, start with VS PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm to exfoliate and then replenish lips.
- Apply VS Perfect Lipstick in Whisper – a pink champagne nude the VS Angels adore!
- Top the lipstick with a coat of VS Lip Gloss in Sublime – a sheer coral – or VS Sparkling Lip Gloss in Delight – a sheer sparkly pink. Concentrate on the center of your mouth for added fullness and shine.
FACE & CHEEK
VS Angels always have such glowing, perfect skin, and you can fake it too with these tips:
- Prep skin with VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20 to help makeup glide on easily.
- Use a foundation brush or a damp sponge to buff VS Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in your shade into skin to create a flawless second-skin effect.
- To counter any skin imperfections, custom blend your exact skin match using VS PRO Camouflage FX Concealer Palette and press into skin using a concealer brush or your finger.
- To add warmth to skin, apply VS Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Glitterati over the face, concentrating on the top of the forehead, the temples, the cheekbones and the jawline.
- Add a healthy, sexy, rosy flush by swirling VS Luminous Mineral Blush Duo in Starlet onto the apples of cheeks, pulling color slightly up towards the temples.
- Finish off the look with an iconic, angelic glow by dusting VS Brilliant Shimmer Shadow in Gold Dust onto temples and the tops of cheekbones.
The inspiration for this year’s signature hair look? Beautiful, full, tousled glamour!
To achieve the look, set hair with curls going outward (versus spiral or barrel curls). In order to add some texture and amp up the volume, spray on a bit of So Sexy Style Clean & Go Dry Shampoo. Next, spritz on a bit of So Sexy Style Brilliant & Glossy Shine Mist to add some healthy shine to your look.
Last year, the Angels went for a deep bronze faux glow, but this year, they opted for a head-to-toe healthy glow!
To get the look at home, coat skin with Victoria’s Secret Angel Fragrance Lotion. To add a bit of color, mist VS Beach Sexy Flawless Airbrush Instant Spray over the entire body. To achieve highlights and contours, run VS Beach Sexy Sun Dust Bronze Shimmer Brush down the center of the legs, on the collarbone and over shoulders.
Image courtesy of Victoria's Secret