A Big, Grand Love
In a weekly question we asked Loving You members, "What woud you consider to be the 'ulitmate' romantic gesture?" We compiled 90 unique answers for you to get some inspiration in creating your own "ultimate" gesture! You can view the first set of responses below.
1. When a guy isn't afraid to show his feelings towards his girlfriend in front of his friends. When he is affectionate to the world. He don't care who sees him with her. And when the guy says I love you for no reason at all. ~Sara
2. I think that the ultimate romantic gesture would be a loving card with a rose. Or simply giving someone special a back rub without being asked to. ~Denise
3. To come home after a long, hard days work, and find petals strewn all over the floor in a trail leading to the bathroom where a lovely hot bubble bath awaits, with a bottle of champagne....then after the bath a massage with ylang-ylang oil, followed by a long session of love-making... ~Samantha
4. Going to a strange bar where there is no dance floor and knowing no one. Then playing some slow music on the juke box and dancing slowly together in the aisle, not caring who is watching. ~Dave
5. Sitting, cuddled together, by a roaring fire, listening to the sounds of the fire. Needing to Say nothing, we just entwine our two heartbeats as one... ~Vicky
6. My favorite thing to do with my parter is to pack the car with a blanket, two wine glasses, a basket of strawberries, and a bottle of shiraz or merlot and find an abandoned, romantic area for some alone time. ~Todd R.
7. There are so many things romantic that it's hard choosing one that "ultimate", but for me, the ultimate would simply be growing old together. ~Heather
8. The most romantic gesture would be if a guy who I really liked but wasn't dating came and picked me up in my dream car, a Mitshbishi Eclipse. In the backseat would be the most gorgeous red satin dress and a circlet of red roses. He'd let me put on the dress and then he'd give me the best perfume, diamond watch and jewelry, and a box of Godiva chocolates. He'd take me to a romantic restaurant by the sea. Then he would start singing the song "Say It" by Voices of Theory in front of everyone in the restaurant. Then, we'd go outside and walk on the beach holding hands and he'd tell me not to worry about the dress getting dirty because he'd buy me 20 new ones if I wanted them. Then, underneath shallow moonlight with silvery highlighted waves crashing against the shore and turning into bubbly foam, he'd kiss me. And it'd seem as though the kiss would never end because it would be so absolutely perfect. And that would be the most romantic gesture. ~Kenya
9. This is not exactly original, but it is romantic. The ultimate romantic gesture would be if my honey serenaded me under my window accompanied by a string ensemble. ~Zahra
10. Having my husband out of the blue ask me on a date. Show up at the door with flowers and have a romantic evening planned. ~donnakennedy